- Even on a 48 hour schedule, after you have done 90% of your game, you still have the other 90% to do - gameplay tweaking.
- There are some things I need to learn more about - pixel art, and audio coding. My finished game had no audio.
- You can't mix 2D SDL content (menus) and 3D opengl content easily. Although the SDL does let you flip between the modes easily.
- Steel Bank Common Lisp is not ready for prime-time application delivery on Win32. Although it is very close.
- I can code about 2x as fast in Lisp with SLIME vs C++.
- I can still write games.
General rambling about game development and design by a professional games developer. Pickings at Python, complaints about C, lashings of Lisp, and whatever else is the language du jour.
Monday, May 1
Things I learnt on the Ludum Dare.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment